Natural Family Planning
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is an umbrella term for certain methods used to achieve and postpone pregnancies. These methods, also called Fertility Appreciation or Fertility Awareness methods, are based on the observation of naturally occurring signs of the fertile phase of a woman’s fertility cycle. Couples using NFP to achieve pregnancy engage in intercourse during the woman’s fertile phase. Couples wishing to postpone pregnancy simply abstain from sexual relations during the time of fertility. No drugs, devices or surgical procedures are used in the practice of NFP.
Natural Family Planning accepts our fertility.
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a comprehensive acceptance of the divine gift of fertility within marriage, wherein the couple monitors their fertility to determine fertile and non-fertile phases for the purpose of either achieving or postponing pregnancy. It is not to be confused with the older and significantly less effective “calendar rhythm method” which estimates and projects the couples fertile and non-fertile phases by observing when these phases occurred in previous cycles.
- American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals
- The Billings Ovulation Method Home Page
- The Billings Ovulation Method Online Class
- Family of the Americas Home Page
- FertilityCare Centers of America
- Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction
- NaProTECHNOLOGY (Natural Procreative Technology)
- The Couple to Couple League Home Page
- The Fertility Home Page UK
- Marquette Model Natural Family Planning
- Twin Cities Natural Family Planning
- NFP Outreach Missions
- NFP International